Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ GS: IBKR); is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 26 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 797,000 trades per day.¹ Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
¹Figures as of June 30, 2018.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Our key requirement, is a Java stack developer who knows server side development and also wants to be the complete front end developer (learning Angular2). We are also looking for an engineer who has an interest in UX and interface design.
Role. You will be:
- an Engineer at ibkram.com (Central London, UK) reporting to the CTO.
- taking partial responsibility for the public ibkram.com site, its evolution in terms of implementation and front end architecture and its user experience.
- crafting user experiences that are ambitious in their practical simplicity and refined through both intuition, understanding of our customers and testing.
- creating web pages, modify existing pages and integrating with our back end systems.
- a co-owner of the code base, suggesting and implementing ways to improve it.
- cooperating closely with all stakeholders to ensure scope is understood, design is sound and deadlines met.
- reviewing design and code produced by your development colleagues.
Experience. You have:
- 3+ years of industry gained development experience with a track record of delivery.
- Server side Java and Java web stack experience
- a strong understanding of fundamental computer science. Expertise in application design and how to keep it simple even as requirements grow.
- web testing and troubleshooting skills – you know the web developer tools.
- a record of innovation and unconventional thinking showing that you have worked smarter not just harder.
- excellent organizational, communication and soft skills.
- experience in a light-weight, rapid turnaround engineering environment.
- a strong academic record, a graduate in a science or technology subject, post-graduate is a plus.
Personal Attributes. You are a:
- passionate advocate of concise and simple code, designs and applications.
- technical leader, a person that inspires trust and confidence in your peers.
- great team member – has the confidence to admit errors, can follow as well as direct and learn as well as teach.
- an individual who thrives in a fast paced, relatively unstructured environment.
- learn a new business domain fast, getting to grips with new concepts and asking questions.
- demonstrate a strong sense of personal integrity and accountability.
- accept and act upon constructive criticism.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed