Interactive Brokers Hong Kong is seeking an experienced securities lending professional who is hardworking, detail-oriented, creative, a problem solver and has established relationships with external counterparties. This position requires the ability to swiftly master and utilize the proprietary Treasury and Securities Lending and Borrowing (SLB) platforms in conjunction with executing daily responsibilities. Developing enhancements and improvements to the securities lending system are required capabilities in addition to expanding the existing business.
Interactive Brokers Group ("IBG"), a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 26 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 800,000 trades per day. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast paced, results oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Head Securities Lending APAC is expected to optimize current securities lending activities across the entire Asian-Pacific markets as well as increase Interactive Brokers’ securities lending profile in the region. The ideal candidate will lead and interact with the local team, internal and external customers, counterparties as well as regulators. Developing specifications for automated solutions by interacting with developers and programmers is an ongoing responsibility, as well as building out the in-house system suite.
The Head Securities Lending APAC will be reporting to the Head Securities Lending APAC & EMEA.
• Establish Interactive Brokers as a prime lender of securities in the APAC region
• Strengthen the local team in terms of networking capability and by sharing market knowledge
• Optimize long/short in-house positions with respect to P&L
• Oversee and assure accuracy of delivery obligations as well as of in-house segregation
• Represent the firm with counterparts, vendors and regulators
• Constantly evaluate systems and processes to identify inefficiencies, recommend enhancements and interface with developers correspondingly
• Assist the Head Securities Lending APAC & EMEA in strategic decision making
• Solid academic background (minimum Bachelor’s degree) with strong knowledge in Mathematics, Science, Accounting, Finance or Business
• High degree of comfort and fluency with computers and technology, and understanding of how technology is applied to business systems
• Experience in the Asian Securities Lending Industry is required
• Experience in Treasury/Operations/Clearing is a plus
• Proficient English skills are a required, Mandarin is a plus
• Logical approach to problem solving
• Leadership skills and willingness to lead the local team
• Detailed oriented with excellent math skills
• Ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision
• Self-motivated and energetic
• Professional demeanor and strong communication skills
• Intermediate level of proficiency in MS Excel
• Ability to work in a small-team environment
 Figures as of January 31, 2018. Information on the company can be found at www.interactivebrokers.com.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed