Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 100 market centers in 27 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing over 900,000 trades per day.[i] Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
**Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899
Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers LLC, seeks an Intern to join our Tax department in a support capacity. The position will support all areas of Company tax & brokerage customer-related tax items, including registration, information reporting, as well as providing daily support to sales and customer service with respect to customer registration and inquiries.
Areas of concentration include:
- Support for information reporting for US, Canadian and other foreign accounts
- Reviewing and compiling all the information returns for 2017 TY and previous tax years
- Helping with CRS pre-existing account compliance
- Support for information filing and compliance
- Reviewing country websites for new information on CRS or FATCA
- Compiling of payment processing documentation
- Support for European VAT and Canadian GST
- Support for FBAR compliance
- Support for Non qualified accounts (IRAs)
- Informational returns compiling and organizing
- Support for Website tax informational content
- Research IRS website for new forms to update IB web site
- Develop ideas for improving the current informational content
Strong communication and writing skills are required.
The position is located in Greenwich, CT.
0-1 years of tax experience, preferably in information reporting.
Education: Working towards Bachelor’s degree in accounting
Strong math & business skills
[i] Figures as of March 2018. Information on the company can be found at www.interactivebrokers.com
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed