IBG LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 26 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing over 800,000 trades per day. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
 Figures as of January 1, 2018. Information on the company can be found at www.interactivebrokers.com
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899
Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers Group seeks a skilled Senior Data Scientist with the following qualities:
- Experience working for Facebook, Amazon, LinkedIn or Google required
- Problem solver with a track record of addressing root-cause issues
- Big picture thinking combined with an exacting attention to detail
- Self-motivated and directed fast learner
- Ability to partner with business and technical groups in a cross-functional capacity
As a Senior Data Scientist, your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Using available data to address business questions or concerns. If a question requires additional data, work with engineers to create the required data.
- Serving as a resource for senior business (internal) customers, educate the firm on methodologies and define firm data requirements.
- Using data to develop and present recommendations on improving advertising ROI, measuring client profitability or answering business questions on optimizing marketing spend.
- Use data mining, model building or other analytical techniques to develop and maintain client segments.
- Help IBKR quantify the client lifecycle, and identify predictive factors for acquisition, retention and turnover.
- Lead the definition and implementation of ads quality metrics and user experience metrics.
- Other responsibilities, as requested.
- MS degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, operations research, econometrics, computer science, applied mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering) or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years experience doing quantitative analysis or statistical modeling
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Knowledge in at least one of the following areas: predictive modeling, machine learning, experimentation methods
- Experience extracting and manipulating large datasets
- Development experience in any scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Knowledge of at least one modeling framework (e.g., SciKit Learn, TensorFlow, SAS, R, MATLAB)
- 5+ years experience leading technical teams
- 5+ years experience working with ad monetization, quality and delivery
- Knowledge of financial instruments is a plus
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed