Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 26 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing over 800,000 trades per day.[i] Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
[i] Figures as of January 1, 2018. Information on the company can be found at www.interactivebrokers.com
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899
Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers LLC is seeking a Software Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and demanding environment. The candidate will be expected to participate in all phases of the software development cycle. The candidate must be highly analytical and have the ability to independently solve complex problems.
- Build automated tools to measure and monitor availability and health of the systems.
- Work with developers to make improvements to increase availability and performance of the systems.
- Make systems more scalable and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and response times.
- Work on performance incident response and postmortems.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- Solid knowledge of Linux OS. Able to troubleshoot performance-related issues.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Java, Python or Perl.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Working knowledge of Apache, Tomcat and Jboss.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Familiarity with Ansible, mod_security, reverse proxy, php, docker, networking.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed