Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ GS: IBKR); is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 26 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 797,000 trades per day.¹ Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
¹Figures as of June 30, 2018.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers LLC is expanding its Applied Programming Interface department (API) at our main North America call center in Chicago, IL. As an API Programmer / Technician, a candidate should expect to consistently provide friendly and informative technical support to Interactive Brokers’ clients. We are searching for experienced candidates with prior call center background in the financial services industry.
Our Trader WorkStation is a Java 2 based proprietary trading platform that allows end-users to trade from their home or office. Successful candidates should have experience with programming using Java classes.
- Primary responsibility is direct phone, chat, and written ticket support of API users about TWS API functionality and capabilities
- Executing scripts in all supported languages and technologies (Java, Python, C#, C++, ActiveX, DDE, VB.NET) and operating systems (primarily Windows, but also Linux and Mac OS) to troubleshoot and test API code
- Documentation of new source code with Doxygen and Github
- Contribution of code patches to fix/enhance API source through Github pull requests
- Escalation of reported client issues to developers or appropriate groups within Customer Service
- Minimum of 2+ years Java Programming experience a MUST
- Call Center or Phone Support experience in the financial services
- Thorough understanding of office and internet related applications
- Windows 7 Professional Troubleshooting
- DNS, TCP/IP and Application Support
- Java Programming
- Hands-on PC Troubleshooting
- Exposure To Linux or Mac a plus
- VB, C# and Java – Intermediate Programming Experience
- Perl Experience a Plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Technical Troubleshooting Skills
- Strong people skills
- Enthusiastic and hard-working individuals with both the ability to
follow well-organized procedure as well as investigate new problems to assist end-users.
- Bachelors Degree required in: Computer Science or related field.
- Technical Certifications: A+ Certification, etc. are a plus
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed