Interactive Brokers Canada, Inc. ("IBC") is looking for candidates for the new customer service office located in downtown Vancouver, BC. The customer service representative is accountable for providing a high level of client service to IB's existing retail and institutional clients. The ideal candidate should have a background in financial markets, be experienced in stocks and options; understand futures, and foreign exchange spot markets.
Interactive Brokers Canada, Inc. is a subsidiary of the publicly traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: IBKR), based in Greenwich, Connecticut. IBKR is is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 26 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 695,000 trades per day.* Our employees, are part of dynamic, multinational, fast paced, results oriented teams working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
*Figures as of September 30, 2017. For more information about Interactive Brokers visit www.interactivebrokers.com
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Problem management with focus on wide scale service issues. Core competencies include, but are not limited to: trade and margin analysis, a wide range of products (cash market and derivatives) and global exchanges, order types, and transmission and execution inquiries.
- The candidate must possess general market knowledge in futures, options, and the equities markets. Previous customer service experience in a financial services or banking operations environment required.
- Investigate customer inquiries regarding trade-related issues (e.g., executions, position liquidations, order trigger conditions, trade cancellation requests, product availability & attributes, order types and routing logic etc.)
- Assistance with trading platform operation and features; analyze and test existing systems and procedures in order to recommend and assist in the implementation enhancements
- Respond to inquiries, concerns and complaints from existing and prospective customers via telephone, e-mail, and on-line chat to achieve a solution that is mutually satisfactory while complying with policies, practices and procedures
- Must demonstrate excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills required to bring problems quickly to a resolution.
- Experience: 1-2 years financial industry experience with trading or brokerage services preferred but consider recent college graduate
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or other related field
- Certification/Registrations: Canadian Securities course and Conduct and Practices Handbook required within 6 months of the start date.
- Computer: Strong PC technologies proficiency preferred; Microsoft Word & Excel
- Language skills: Fluent English and Chinese(mandarin) required.
- Strong quantitative/analytical skills
- Excellent oral/written communication skills required
*IB offers a competitive remuneration package including:
- Health, dental, disability and life insurance with 100% premiums covered.
- Company RSP contribution matching, Stock incentive plan
**We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed