Interactive Brokers Hong Kong Limited, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 26 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing over 800,000 trades per day.[i] Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
[i] Figures as of January 1, 2018. Information on the company can be found
Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers Hong Kong Limited is seeking a Network Engineer to join our Asia Pacific engineering staff in Hong Kong. The successful individual will be part of a team responsible for design, installation and ongoing operational support of network and infrastructure related to the Interactive Brokers’ global enterprise. Applicants must have experience with the latest architectural network design concepts, in-depth network routing and switching, implementation and troubleshooting skills. A keen understanding and insight to industry technologies, evolutions, pitfalls and trends is also desired. Training certifications relating to network architecture and/or advanced level troubleshooting skills a plus. This is an excellent opportunity for a goal-oriented, motivated individual who enjoys ‘rolling up their sleeves’.
The succeful candiate will be responsible for, but not linmited to:
- Network design and research into technologies and trends
- Propose design and operational improvements that benefit our operation and conform to best practices.
- Install, maintain and upgrade network devices
- Real time management local and wide area voice and data systems dedicated to supporting our business.
- 3 years hands on experience in network engineering technologies
- In depth knowledge of network systems, protocols, and standards
- Network security concepts and firewall systems
- Broad local and wide area network design and operational experience
- Cisco, Arista, Check Point, andBrocade
- Protocols (BGP, EIGRP, TCP/IP, IPSEC)
- Layer 4-7 Application DeliveryDevices (load balancers)
- Network monitoring concepts (SNMP, Syslog)
- VPN technologies and encryption methods
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Additional skill sets preferred:
- Multicast Routing
- Voice - Communications & Signaling, VoIP
- Premise Wiring and Structured Cabling Systems
- PBX Phone system
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed