Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ GS: IBKR); is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 26 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 797,000 trades per day.¹ Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
¹Figures as of June 30, 2018.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The team is responsible for developing and improving our brokerage-customer interaction applications, middle-tier servers, and related internal web and non-web applications. Our software will enable our customers and customer service departments to interact efficiently. With the changing face of the Trading World (both in terms of rules, regulations, new products and markets) we need to make sure that we as a Broker are able to provide our customers with the most up to date information that may affect their Portfolios and trading strategies. The changing environment also requires us to build tools that will help our Customer Service departments to act efficiently to protect both the interest of our Customer and ourselves as a Broker. This position will be critical to the growth of our brokerage Customer Relationship business model. It is also an opportunity to develop a broad understanding of both brokerage activities as well as to extend expertise in developing large-scale and real-time database systems. Duties for this position will include the design, development (full development life cycle), and support of Core Java / J2EE applications. We require a person that is highly analytical and adept at solving complex problems.
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science
- At least five years of IT experience and three years of Java programming experience
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Java Core and J2EE development (including experience in Front End and Back End development.)
- Experience with Web or Application server (JBoss, Tomcat etc.) and Application framework
- (Spring etc.)
- Experience in the development of concurrent, multi-component, heavy duty and high performance
- java applications
- Good knowledge of data structures, Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming, UML
- Good knowledge of relational Databases with hands on experience with Oracle or MySQL.
- (Experience with PLSQL / NoSQL is a plus).
- Experience with network protocols and messaging: Socket, RMI, JMS (REST, SOAP is a plus)
- Knowledge of data exchange formats like XML, JSON etc.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong skills in: testing (TDD, Unit testing, test coverage and automation), debugging, profiling
- and monitoring (with tools like JConsole, JVisualVM, JProfiler etc.)
- Experience with: build system (like Ant, Ivy etc.), and version control systems (like CVS, GIT etc.)
- Good communication skills. Written English at Upper-intermediate level.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies
- Knowledge of base algorithms, design patterns and Functional Programming concept
- Experience in the development of distributed applications
- Experience in the development Web services and Web applications
- Experience with Scripting language and knowledge of Perl or python
- Experience with Unix/Linux development
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed