IBG LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 26 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing over 800,000 trades per day. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
 Figures as of January 1, 2018. Information on the company can be found at www.interactivebrokers.com
Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers LLC ("IB") is seeking an experienced tax professional with a background in information reporting and tax withholding requirements to support its expanding global brokerage business. This position will report to the Tax Director and is based in Greenwich, Connecticut.
- Ensure compliance with US, state and similar non-US information reporting and withholding tax rules, including year-end IRS Forms 1099 and 1042, Canadian Forms T3, T5, T5008 and RL and Common Reporting Standards;
- Work closely with programming personnel to ensure accurate reporting;
- Identify and design improvements to tax withholding and reporting systems;
- Provide tax support to customers and sales personnel;
- Ensure compliance with sales tax, VAT and GST filing(s) and collection obligations;
- Oversee US and Canadian retirement account compliance;
- Research and provide guidance on new tax legislation and regulations;
- Develop and provide webinars on current tax topics for customers; and
- Maintain current and accurate tax content on our website.
- Three to seven (3-7) years of accounting and tax experience, including at least 3 years in the financial services industry;
- Bachelor’s or advance degree in accounting required;
- CPA or Master’s degree in Taxation preferred; and
- Strong understanding of tax information reporting requirements applicable to products issued by retail brokerage businesses.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed