Interactive Brokers is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 100 market centers in 25 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 657,000 trades per day (First Quarter 2017 results). At Interactive Brokers, you will be part of a dynamic, multinational, fast paced, results oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Interactive Brokers Group seeks a skilled Software Engineer with the following qualities:
• Problem solver
• Attention to detail
• Fast learner
• Self-motivated and directed
This is an opportunity to develop large-scale optimization systems for Cash and Asset Management of a multi-billion dollar portfolio. As a software engineer you will participate in all phases of a multi-tier software development cycle (GUIs, databases, mid-tier, batch applications, reporting) with an emphasis on the server-side. Debug, fix and maintain existing systems.
• Bachelors or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Physical Sciences
• 4-10 years of Java experience
• Strong knowledge of object oriented concepts & multi-tier applications
• Strong understanding of DBMS concepts (Oracle platform is a plus)
• Hands on expertise in server side programming in Java/C++ J2EE experience
• Knowledge of financial instruments is a plus