The Interactive Brokers Group of companies (IBG), seeks a bright and organized professional to serve as a Legal Documentation Specialist to work on domestic and international banking and brokerage projects managed by the Group’s CFO. This position requires a highly organized person who can multitask and quickly adapt to a fast paced environment.
IBG is based in Greenwich, Connecticut, acts as broker and market-maker in securities, commodities and foreign exchange. IBG plays a leading role in trading and brokerage in 24 countries on more than 120 market centers worldwide, executing, clearing, settling and accounting for over one million trades per day. IBG employs approximately 1,200 people worldwide. IBG’s operating companies are subsidiaries of publicly traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: IBKR). The Group’s consolidated capital is in excess of $6.1 billion.
• Understanding business needs and preparing documentation requested by IBG’s U.S. and foreign affiliates
• Reviewing contracts and correspondence; obtaining necessary approvals from Compliance, Legal and Regulatory departments
• Reviewing and preparing banking documentation (including AML and KYC documents)
• Ensuring bank account opening process complies with regulatory requirements
• Communicating with local/foreign banks, exchanges and clearing houses
• Drafting corporate resolutions and certificates authorizing strategic business transactions
• Responding to queries from internal and external auditors
• Maintaining a legal documentation database
• Handling light clerical duties such as preparing FedEx packages, mailing, etc.
• Various ad hoc projects
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited 4-year college / university (minimum GPA: 3.0)
• Law degree or paralegal experience is preferred
• Several years of experience in a legal setting or in the financial services industry is a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail is critical
• Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to work independently, including gathering information from internal and external sources
• Clean and professional appearance at all times.
• 2-5 years of experience required.
 Information on the company can be found at: www.interactivebrokers.com