Timber Hill (Europe) AG, based in Zug Switzerland, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 26 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing over 800,000 trades per day. [i] Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
[i] Figures as of January 1, 2018. Information on the company can be found at www.interactivebrokers.com
Due to rapid growth we have the following full-time openings for professional, motivated and technology orientated candidates.
Job Description and Responsibilities
As a Senior Network Engineer, you will be responsible for network and infrastructure of our global enterprise. Our focus is to engineer a best in class network that offers superior resiliency and low latency to provide our client’s with unmatched performance for best order execution. You will take an active role in the entire technology lifecycle; from design development, implementation, and commissioning, to routine monitoring, operation and trouble resolution.
We are seeking a highly motivated, roll-up-your-sleeves, network technologist who enjoys the challenge of owning the delivery of a variety of concurrent projects of varying scale and scope. You will also participate in an on call schedule with other team members to provide tier two network and infrastructure support.
- Develop, implement, and manage global network infrastructure
- Manage the full end to end technology life cycle
- Develop and maintain technical diagrams and documentation
- Work with product vendors and telecom service providers
- Proven network design and implementation experience
- In depth knowledge of networking protocols and technologies
- Strong experience in BGP
- Understanding of network security methodologies, architecture, and best practice application
- Experience with any of the following: Cisco routers, switches, and security devices; Palo Alto, Check Point and Juniper security products; Arista networks; F5 application load balancers.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of voice, video, and multicast technologies
- Experience with network management systems
If you have ambition, motivation and initiative, we can offer you real responsibility and the opportunity to work in a demanding but rewarding team oriented environment. Are you interested in this challenging position within a financially successful and technologically advanced organization?
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed