Interactive Brokers Software Services (India) Private Limited ("IBSSI") is looking to hire a staff accountant, who will handle the primary responsibility for financial accounting and analysis. IBSSI provides technology and administrative services to other group entities. This position reports directly to the accounting manager and has significant growth potential.
In addition to the accounting functions, the staff accountant position has a significant role in the tax function of our legal entities. The successful candidate will interact with accounting management to understand their processes and assist them in applying system functionality to automate and streamline these processes. The individual must be a highly organized, analytical thinker who is interested in developing the accounting, reporting, and tax function in an efficient manner.
IBSSI is a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: IBKR), which is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 26 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 699,000 trades per day. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast paced, results oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools. [i]
[i] Figures as of December 31, 2017. Information on the company can be found at www.interactivebrokers.com
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Daily accounting, monthly close and preparation of annual financial statements while ensuring compliance with Indian GAAP.
- Work in close coordination with external auditors and provide all the audit documents for carrying out the statutory audits.
- Prepare refund application as per Goods and Services Tax (“GST”) rules and regulations.
- Prepare monthly computation of withholding tax, GST, stamp duty and assist in annual tax filings.
- Support preparation of documents related to forex payments of inter-company charges.
A qualified candidate should have a good knowledge of:
- Indian accounting standards and Indian tax regulations.
- Reconciliations, procedures and controls over financial reporting.
- Good communication skills.
- Chartered Accountant (C.A.) with 1-2 years of experience in accounting or Commerce Graduate with 4-5 years of experience in accounting.
- Financial services industry experience.
- Oracle Financials E Business suite release 12 experience.
- Microsoft word and excel proficiency.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed