Interactive Brokers UK (“IBUK”) seeks high-level, serious individuals with the financial services industry background and professional demeanor suitable for interaction with an experienced and active clientele base. The ideal candidate will have a strong math and technical aptitude, the ability to troubleshoot and explain complex subjects, and the capacity to identify opportunities for technology-based improvements.
IBUK is a rapidly growing direct-access electronic trade execution and clearing broker for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. It is increasing its client base, introducing new products and connecting to new markets. The firm is authorized and regulated by the FCA.
IBUK is a subsidiary of the large international financial services group, Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut USA (NASDAQ: IBKR). The Group employs over 1,200 people worldwide and provides electronic brokerage services to more than 400,000 customers in trading securities, commodities and foreign exchange in 23 currencies on 100+ market centers across 26 countries around the world. We seek to deliver these services at the lowest possible cost to its clients by building and operating highly automated systems in all aspects of its business .
 Figures as of March 31, 2017. For more information about Interactive Brokers visit: www.interactivebrokers.com
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Resolve routine and complex client service issues in a thorough and expeditious manner, utilizing sound judgment with an emphasis on courtesy. Client inquiries typically encompass a broad array of themes including:
- Operability of IB Trader Workstation, Web Trader and Mobile Trader execution platforms including trading modules and analytical tools; Cash deposit and withdrawal activity, position transfers, and account administrative functions.
- Product availability and attributes; Exchange, clearing and depository functions; Order types and routing logic; Order status, trade and delivery settlement, exercise & assignment, expiration processing, and corporate actions.
- Margin calculations; Commission structure, interest and fee.
- Coordinate activities with other local and international Customer Service divisions and interaction with external departments such as Programming, Clearing, Cashiering and Compliance on common issues. Contribute to the development of client service systems, policies and procedures.
- University degree in finance, economics or related field.
- Experience in financial services position (e.g., brokerage, banking, trading, exchange or clearinghouse) preferred but not required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to accommodate client inquiries directed via telephone, email or online chat.
- In depth understanding of the following financial instruments: stocks, securities options, futures, options on futures, foreign exchange and fixed income.
- Working knowledge of various exchange operations and regulations, product offerings and specifications, execution platforms and rules, and margin methodologies.
- Fluent English mandatory; any additional EU language is a plus
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed