Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ GS: IBKR); is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 26 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 797,000 trades per day.¹ Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
¹Figures as of June 30, 2018.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Maintaining the business books and records of IBUK.
- Preparing monthly management accounts.
- Preparing annual statutory accounts and supporting the annual audit process.
- Maintaining and posting accruals for corporation tax.
- Assisting with identifying and posting IFRS to US GAAP adjustments.
- Liaising with Regulatory, Treasury and Clearing functions for liquidity, capital and custody requirements.
- Supporting the preparation of daily regulatory capital calculations.
- Developing functional business requirements to enhance existing financial accounting, controls and operational systems, and to meet the requirements of new products or changes to accounting standards
- Interface with other groups within the firm to ensure controls are maintained when changes to process or infrastructure occur
- University educated
- Qualified UK Chartered Accountant or in the process (ACA / ACCA), working in either industry or professional audit practice.
- Knowledge of IFRS Accounting Standards
- Ability to work autonomously
- Driven self-starter with strong analytical and communication skills, as this role requires extensive global interaction and independent work
- Positive, professional attitude and presence.
- 2-5 years of experience required
- Financial services background – ideally from a Broker Dealer business
- Relevant accounting knowledge and experience in working with equities, foreign exchange, metals and derivatives.
- Good understanding of technology & automation
- Prior experience with Oracle Financials
- CASS experience
- Good communication skills with ability to influence/challenge and interact with senior stakeholders and to cooperate with colleagues with different seniority levels
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed