Interactive Brokers UK (“IBUK”) is a rapidly growing direct-access electronic trade execution and clearing broker for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. It is increasing its client base, introducing new products and connecting to new markets. The firm is authorized and regulated by the FCA.
IBUK is a subsidiary of the large international financial services group, Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: IBKR), based in Greenwich, Connecticut USA. The Group employs over 1,000 people worldwide and provides electronic brokerage services to more than 450,000 customers in trading securities, commodities and foreign exchange in 23 currencies on 100+ market centers across 26 countries around the world. By building and operating highly automated systems in all aspects of its business the Group seeks to deliver these services at the lowest possible cost to its clients.
Due to the rapid growth and expansion of our business activities, we have the following opportunity for an intellectually curious professional who is motivated and technologically oriented.
If you have motivation and initiative, are analytical and methodical, we can offer you a position that will both challenge and reward. You will be part of team that is building one of the world’s strongest trading and brokerage brands, and part of a firm that uses technology in all aspects of its business to generate prudent, controlled growth.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this position is part of the UK Finance team which is responsible for all aspects of UK accounting and reporting. The UK Finance team is part of the Group’s brokerage financial management.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Maintaining the business books and records of IBUK.
- Preparing monthly management accounts.
- Preparing annual statutory accounts and supporting the annual audit process.
- Maintaining and posting accruals for corporation tax.
- Assisting with identifying and posting IFRS to US GAAP adjustments.
- Liaising with Regulatory, Treasury and Clearing functions for liquidity, capital and custody requirements.
- Supporting the preparation of daily regulatory capital calculations.
- Developing functional business requirements to enhance existing financial accounting, controls and operational systems, and to meet the requirements of new products or changes to accounting standards
- Interface with other groups within the firm to ensure controls are maintained when changes to process or infrastructure occur
- University educated
- Qualified UK Chartered Accountant or in the process (ACA / ACCA), working in either industry or professional audit practice.
- Knowledge of IFRS Accounting Standards
- Ability to work autonomously
- Driven self-starter with strong analytical and communication skills, as this role requires extensive global interaction and independent work
- Positive, professional attitude and presence.
- 2-5 years of experience required
- Financial services background – ideally from a Broker Dealer business
- Relevant accounting knowledge and experience in working with equities, foreign exchange, metals and derivatives.
- Good understanding of technology & automation
- Prior experience with Oracle Financials
- CASS experience
- Good communication skills with ability to influence/challenge and interact with senior stakeholders and to cooperate with colleagues with different seniority levels
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed