Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ GS: IBKR); is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 26 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 797,000 trades per day.¹ Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
¹Figures as of June 30, 2018.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers Software Service India ("IBSSI") is looking for senior software engineers with Java concentration with experience working in Unix/Linux environments to help make our customer-facing trading applications and back-end systems even better.
If you are proficient in developing front-end systems or corresponding back-end services for them, have solid programming experience, love the challenge of developing complex real-time solutions, and enjoy working in a dynamic environment with a strong team, then Interactive Brokers may be just the place for you. This job is heavily oriented toward designing, building and optimizing trading and back-office applications.
As an SSE, you’ll join a team of highly talented and motivated engineers who are passionate about their work. You'll design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions with complete ownership throughout this job.
- Research, conceive and develop technology solutions to extend and improve IB's back-end applications.
- Write server-side code for web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Work in close collaboration with engineering team based in Greenwich US.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to massive amounts of data and information.
- Provide technical and architectural leadership.
- BE or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related technical field from a reputed institution.
- 6-8 years of programming experience in C++ and/or Java, J2EE including minimum 4 yrs. of exp. in Java.
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- A strong foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and OO design.
- Knowledge of SQL, relational databases, and other data storage solutions.
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments.
- MTech or ME in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Work experience in the Financial Services space (Brokerage / Capital markets / Investment Banking /Financial services).
- Familiar with 1 or more scripting languages like Perl, Unix Shell, Awk, Python.
- Strong ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Ability to perform under pressure in time-critical situations using sound judgment and professionalism.
- Ability to integrate into and work well within a global team.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed