Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ GS: IBKR); is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 26 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 797,000 trades per day.¹ Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
¹Figures as of June 30, 2018.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers Software Service India ("IBSSI") is looking for senior software engineers with Java concentration with experience working in Unix/Linux environments to help make our customer-facing trading applications and back-end systems even better.
If you are proficient in developing front-end systems or corresponding back-end services for them, have solid programming experience, love the challenge of developing complex real-time solutions, and enjoy working in a dynamic environment with a strong team, then Interactive Brokers may be just the place for you. This job is heavily oriented toward designing, building and optimizing trading and back-office applications.
As an SE, you’ll join a team of highly talented and motivated engineers who are passionate about their work. You'll design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions with complete ownership throughout this job.
- Research, conceive and develop technology solutions to extend and improve IB's customer facing and back-end applications.
- Write client / server-side code for web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Work in close collaboration with engineering team based in other IB Offices in Europe and US.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to massive amounts of data and information.
- Solve all problems that come your way.
- MCA/BE/Btech/Mtech/ME degree in Computer Science or related technical field from a reputed institution.
- 4 years of relevant work experience, including large systems software development experience or client application development
- Experience programming in Java and Oracle/Mysql
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Sound Knowledge of SQL, relational databases, and other data storage solutions.
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments.
- Fluency in English language
- MCA/ME in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 4 years of relevant work experience, including programming Web and/or Non Web Java Applications, Oracle/MySql databases.
- Proficient in 1 or more scripting languages like Perl, Unix Shell, Awk, Python.
- Some programming experience in Web Technologies like PHP, AJAX.
- 4 years of work experience in the Financial Services space (Brokerage / Capital markets / Investment Banking /Financial services)
- A strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Ability to perform under pressure in time-critical situations using sound judgment and professionalism
- Ability to integrate into and work well within a global team
- Very close to technology and looking at a technically centric career
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed